Pain of any kind is a signal to your brain that something happened that is possibly dangerous to the body. Some people chose to get rid of pain with medication. Doing this is like ignoring the “Check Engine” light in your car.
Common Causes of Back Pain
- Facet joints – On the back side of each spinal bone are interlocking joints in the spine. These areas are densely packed with nerves. back pain that you feel may be caused by the lack of proper movement between the interlocking joints.
- Disc – There is a soft disc that sits between each spinal bone. Pain from a disc typically causes pain that shoots down the arms or legs. If this type of pain is not treated immediately the condition may become permanent.
- Muscular – When the spine or other bones of the body are not in proper alignment you may experience tight, painful muscles. A thorough chiropractic evaluation will help us understand exactly what is causing your pain.
You Always Have a Choice
You always have a choice in your healthcare. Always. If you feel back pain you can:
- Ignore it. This may cause the problems to get worse.
- Rest. Rest is one key to good health, but rest may just prolong the problem. Make sure to listen to your body.
- Get a Massage. The nervous system causing the dysfunction still should be addressed, and that’s what we do.
- Take Medicine. A good way to mask the pain, but does nothing to correct the dysfunction.
- Get Surgery. The most serious last resort, which most doctors will agree on.
- Request a Chiropractic Evaluation. Our thorough evaluation will allow us to give you the answers you’ve been looking for. Click here.
The Chiropractic Approach
Specific chiropractic adjustments will help improve your body’s ability to function. Restoring proper movement and alignment to your body allows optimal function of your nervous system, and will assist in reducing your pain so you can get back to enjoying life without pain.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Isn’t some back pain normal?
Pain is the way your body signals that a limit has been reached or a problem has developed. Since we can adapt, minor aches and pains are often shrugged off. While they may go away, if the underlying problem remains unattended, the problem may slowly worsen until it becomes more difficult and expensive to resolve.
What about taking pain killers or muscle relaxers?
For our patients, we rely on natural methods to healing because our bodies can handle it. Ice can have an analgesic effect, when properly applied, without the unwanted effects associated with some pain medications. See my post “Why Pain and Painkillers Shouldn’t be Mixed” to learn why you shouldn’t resort to pain medications.
How does chiropractic work?
Millions of instructions flow from your brain, down the spinal cord, and out to every organ and tissue. Signals sent back to the brain confirm if the body is working correctly. Improper motion or position of the moving bones of the spine can interfere with this vital exchange by irritating nerves and compromising the function of affected organs and tissues. Adjustments are designed to improve mind/body communications. Health often returns with improved nervous system control.
Contact us and experience the difference in care. Request an appointment.